Sneha Aman Singh
View my LinkedIn Profile
View my Google Scholar page
I recent graduated with a PhD in Computer Engineering from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Iowa State University. My PhD faculty advisor was Prof. Srikanta Tirthapura. The general focus of my research was "Real Time Analytics from Large Distributed Data".
As a graduate student, I was the recipient of IBM PhD Fellowship for two consecutive years 2013-14 and 2014-15. I also received Research Excellence Award from the Graduate College, Iowa State University.
I completed my Bachelor's of Technology (B.Tech) from the Department of Information Technology at National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, India, in 2008. I worked for 2 years in IBM India as a Systems Engineer, before joining the PhD program in Iowa State University.
Here is my CV.
My research interest is on real time data analytics from large scale distributed data. Specifically, the goal of my PhD research was to design, implement and evaluate low cost algorithms to identify events/patterns and / or compute statistical aggregates from large distributed data in real time.
My research projects are:
- Design and Implement algorithms to identify Quantiles from a Union of Historical and Streaming Data in Real Time
- Design and Implement algorithms to identifying Persistent Items from large distributed data stream in real time.
- Implement and perform experimental evaluation of Distinct Counting Algorithms for Data Stream.
- “Estimating Quantiles from a Union of Historical and Streaming data”, Sneha Aman Singh, Divesh Srivastava and Srikanta Tirthapura (submitted to a conference)
- "An Evaluation of Streaming Algorithms for Distinct Counting over a Sliding Window", Sneha Aman Singh and Srikanta Tirthapura, Frontiers in ICT, Volume 2, October 2015
- "Monitoring Persistent Items in the Union of Distributed Streams, Sneha Aman Singh and Srikanta Tirthapura, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), Volume 74, Issue 11, November 2014
- "Countering Sinkhole and Black Hole Attacks on Sensor Networks using Dynamic Trust Management", Suman Deb Roy, Sneha Aman Singh, Subhrabrata Choudhury, N. C. Debnath, IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), pg 537-542, July 2008.
- "Trust Management in Ad Hoc Network for Secure DSR Routing", Subhrabrata Choudhury, Suman Deb Roy, Sneha Aman Singh, International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering (CISSE), 2007; published in Novel Algorithms and Techniques in Telecommunications, Automation and Industrial Electronics, (pg 496-500), Springer.
- IBM PhD Fellowship, 2013-14 and 2014-15
- ISU Research Excellence Award, 2015
- Chief Information Officer, Graduate and Professional Student Senate , 2014 - 15
- Vice President, ACM Student Chapter , 2013 - 15
- Senator, Graduate and Professional Student Senate , 2013 - 14
- Student Member, IEEE, 2010 - present
- Student Member, IEEE Computer Society ), 2010 - present